Tuesday 5 June 2012

The Pilgrimage

Humber Bridge
 I finally got a chance to get off work and get up to Aldbrough, East Yorkshire for another of those 'Must-see' birds. This time in the form of an adult Roller. Sadly all the people I knew who needed it had gone earlier so I was left to drive up on my own. This was an area of Britain I had not birded before so it was all new for me. After just under 5hrs I finally reached the destination and was put straight onto this incredible bird. I got my fill for several hours then headed towards Spurn to look for a Red-backed Shrike.

Roller - Aldbrough

Red-backed Shrike - Kilnsea (Phone-scoped!)
After good scope views of the female Shrike I headed southwards when news broke that the Temminck's Stint was still at Titchwell RSPB so I headed in that direction. Soon I was sat in the Parrinder Hide looking at 21 Little Gulls, 1 Spoonbill and eventually the Temminck's Stint. Next I drove to Lakenheath RSPB where I kipped over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.