Saturday 25 May 2013

Roller Coaster For Derek!

I decided that I would take my mate to see the Roller which had been found at Broxhead Common, Hants yesterday. As we arrived we saw the Roller almost immediately and watched it in flight a few times. It then disappeared down into the valley so we were waiting for it to re-appear. As we were waiting MRE called to say there was a Terek  Sandpiper on the pool north of Ternery Pool at Rye Harbour!


Terek Sandpiper with Redshank

Terek Sandpiper - Record crop
To cut a long story short I eventually got there once I had dropped Stu home and MRE was waiting with the bird in his scope for me. Cracking bird and a massive gripback after missing the last one due to being sat in a boat on Bewl Water in a trout fishing competition! Apologies to Stu for not staying longer with the Roller mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.