Friday 15 May 2015

Sussex Lifer - Beachy Head


Bee-eater - Hodcombe, Beachy Head
I have long wanted to see a Bee-eater in Sussex ever since missing both the River Warbler and Bee-eater combo on that fateful day in May 2008. Luckily I was able to get over to Beachy Head just in the nick of time to see this wonderful bird which was found by Laurence Pitcher.


It flew off eventually after being flushed by Crows which decided they wanted their perch back. It flew west calling a few times as it went which was so good! This is only my second in Britain after my first on the Isles of Scilly. It was also a county tick for me which was a result as new birds for the county have been hard to come by of late. This took me to 288 for Sussex...oneday I will get to 300!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.