Thursday 21 June 2012

Lidsey Rife

White Stork - Lidsey

I managed to finally pin down a White Stork in Sussex! When I read that 3 had been seen from the train yesterday evening I decided a dawn visit was a must. I called MD and we decided to meet at first light and he would go Barnham side and I would go Lidsey side. I decided to park at Sack Lane and walk out and I flushed a Green Sandpiper off the flooded track in half light, it flew south calling. It really must be autumn I thought to myself as the path became flooded and quickly knee-deep!

After about a 50yd wade I came to a level crossing and looked up to see the 3 White Storks only about 75 yards from me. WOW. Stunning birds and wern't bothered by me wading or the Fresian cows who clearly thought they were going to be fed! I went on to watch them from 5.45am to 7.30am but sadly MD was too short to see them from his side so he had a mammoth walk round to find somewhere high enough! Anyway it took my yearlist to 276

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.