Sunday 18 November 2012

Arlington Reservoir


Snow Bunting - Arlington Reservoir
 With a report of a Snow Bunting along the dam wall at the patch I thought I would give it a go as I needed it for my reservoir list. I think I saw one in about 1996/97 when out with my Dad but I can't find it in my diary so for now this is a patch tick! I also missed a one-day bird in 2007 so it was a nice bird to get onto my list.


It showed well as Snow Bunting's always seem to and did not mind being booted around by dogs that are always off leads even though they should be on them! Anyway rant over...it was favouring the road unless hassled by a dog and it simply jumped down to the watersedge and then hopped back up onto the road. I have put some seed out along the dam wall by the bench so hopefully it might hang around for a while. Cracking little bird.


There was also a Water Rail along the hide bank and a redhead Goosander too. This evening also produced a stunning tho brief Starling murmeration with perhaps 500-1000 birds involved. No owls over the lower bank though...here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.