Sunday 20 January 2013

Arlington Reservoir

Stonechat - Patch Tick
A very chilly day with more snow resulted in a brief visit around the reservoir. Chilver Bridge Road was pretty dicey so I headed round to the car park side. There was disappointingly little on the water with again no sign of the Slavonian Grebe though viewing conditions were poor. The highlight on the water was 9 Gadwall in front of Polhill's Farm.

I headed back towards the fishing lodge and saw a bird flit down onto the path, expecting it to be a Robin I had a quick look with the bins and couldn't believe my eyes when a Stonechat hopped into view! Having left my camera at home I took a couple of pics through my scope with my phone and this was the only one that came out looking like a bird at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.