Tuesday 8 October 2013

Scillies 2013 - Day 4 -Tues 8th October

Started the day in Old Town Churchyard to have a look for the Grey-cheeked Thrush which had been seen briefly yesterday. No luck with that but I did have nice views of both Red-breasted and Pied Flycatcher along the line of Elms leading into the churchyard.

Red-breasted Flycatcher
Then decided to have a look in at Carn Gwavel and there was clearly not much about save for a couple of Goldcrest's and a single Comma. These used to be really scarce on Scillies but I managed to see a few on this trip.

I decided on a day trip to Tresco today as there were lots of trip ticks and a Scillies tick for me over there. I got the 10.15am boat and slowly worked my way around the island trying to find something to brighten a pretty dull day. I ended up at Great Pool and enjoyed nice scope views of the 1st winter Garganey which was a Scillies tick for me. Other bits and pieces are listed below:

Shoveler - 1
Black-tailed Godwit - 1
Raven - 1
Greenshank - 21
Kittiwake - 1

Migrant Hawker - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.