Saturday 9 August 2014

Pulborough Brooks RSPB

I have been wanting to go and see the juvenile Black-winged Stilts for some time and sadly I didn't get a chance to go and see them down at Medmerry. So when they turned up at Pulborough I was a bit more tempted but still never found my way there. Then yesterday with news of yet another Pectoral Sandpiper being present too I decided to nip down in the afternoon.

I had nice scope views of the Pectoral Sandpiper as well as seeing the adult male Black-winged Stilt as well as the three juveniles. Also some other decent waders about with Green Sandpiper, Common Sandpiper, Ringed and Little Ringed Plover, Greenshank and several Sand Martins. All in all a very nice couple of hours until I found Matt had written off his car!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.