Wednesday 3 June 2015

Red-necked Phalarope - Widewater Lagoon

Red-necked Phalarope - Widewater Lagoon
After missing the latest Red-necked Phalarope on Sidlesham Ferry on Saturday I was expecting another long wait before I had another chance at this stunning county tarts tick. The last record before Saturday's bird was in 2007, so I was understandably absolutely gutted to miss the Pagham bird especially as I have never seen one in summer plumage before anywhere in Britain.

I would not have put any money on getting another chance this year let along in less than a week but I was chuffed to bits to be able to add this little beauty to my county list this evening. An absolutely belting bird and much closer than the Pagham bird too which was a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.